With its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, Evidence Frontiers is a pan-African sustainable development organization. Our work is centered around five pillars: (1) Advocacy and Governance Strengthening, (2) Formative and Summative Evaluations in Social and Market Research, (3) Third-Party Monitoring & Evaluation, (4) Organization and Capacity Development and (5) Science, Technology and Innovations (STIs).
We have supported development organizations, policymakers, and managers to make socially impactful decisions using rigorous evidence. Our experience includes carefully tailoring a wide range of analytical and quantitative tools to enable decision-makers to design better policies, rigorously test those ideas, and take informed action at scale to improve lives. Depending on the organization and programmed needs, we have helped diagnose social sector challenges, design, and test potential solutions, and operationalize those solutions found to be most impactful. Our formative and summative evaluations cover a variety of evaluation purposes and designs – from a traditional snapshot and longitudinal designs to more innovative developmental and participatory approaches. Through these, we examine the efficiency, relevance, and effectiveness of activities and processes. We assess the sustainability and institutional impacts of interventions and partnerships. We emphasize local participation, organizational skill development, and the usefulness of the evaluation to inform decision-making. Using quantitative and qualitative methods, we measure the impact of development programs to determine their true effects. We also conduct large-scale surveys to assess development indicators or to inform program and evaluation design. Our approach goes beyond organizational systems to issues that may have as much or more impact on the legitimacy and strength of organizations, such as leadership, integrity, relationships with their constituencies, and resilience in the face of political pressure or funding fluctuations.
We work with the private sector, large international NGOs through to national NGOs, smaller community-based organizations and individuals working for social change – whether this involves short-term service delivery projects or complex global development portfolios, direct delivery, or implementation with and through partners. We work with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals in conducting Formative and Summative Research in Social Research, Market Research; Market Assessments, Value Chain Analysis, Household Economy Analyses, Political Economy Analyses among others with an aim to provide innovative and practical solutions primarily for low- and middle-income countries.
Evidence Frontiers is seeking motivated Evaluation Consultants in Uganda with a social science background to join its team. The ideal candidates will assist Project Managers on a variety of Social & Health Impact Assessment projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and exciting technical team, as you build a rewarding career path in broader sustainability consulting.
- Assessing social and socio-economic impacts of large-scale development projects in Uganda
- Planning and conducting field research using quantitative and qualitative methods, such as literature review, household surveys, key informant interviews, focus groups, and others as required.
- Technical proposal writing and reporting
- Design and implementation of effective stakeholder engagement programs.
- Performing multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensuring high quality standards on project deliverables.
- Communicating with clients, Evidence Frontiers employees, and vendors.
- Participate in project supervision and monitoring activities to address Social issues.
- Help to coordinate Social impact activities with Evidence Frontiers team and provide necessary support to other external consultants.
- Masters degree in sociology, anthropology, public policy, socio-economics, or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience is social impact assessment and evaluations, preferably in Uganda
- All candidates should have a demonstrated interest in business consulting and social issues (either through related coursework, previous employment, or personal endeavours).
- Effective written/verbal communication and organisation/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Ability to multi-task, maintains flexibility, travel internationally, and works independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated attributes to become a strong consultant – team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter who takes initiative, versatile, and service-oriented mentality.
- Sound technical understanding & scientific knowledge
- Good management and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions.
- Local candidates preferred.
Submit your cover letter, CV and sample evaluation report to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th March, 2021