With its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, Evidence Frontiers is a pan-African sustainable development organization. Our work is centered around five pillars: (1) Advocacy and Governance Strengthening, (2) Formative and Summative Evaluations in Social and Market Research, (3) Third-Party Monitoring & Evaluation, (4) Organization and Capacity Development and (5) Science, Technology and Innovations (STIs).
We have supported development organizations, policymakers, and managers to make socially impactful decisions using rigorous evidence. Our experience includes carefully tailoring a wide range of analytical and quantitative tools to enable decision-makers to design better policies, rigorously test those ideas, and take informed action at scale to improve lives. Depending on the organization and programmed needs, we have helped diagnose social sector challenges, design, and test potential solutions, and operationalize those solutions found to be most impactful. Our formative and summative evaluations cover a variety of evaluation purposes and designs – from a traditional snapshot and longitudinal designs to more innovative developmental and participatory approaches. Through these, we examine the efficiency, relevance, and effectiveness of activities and processes. We assess the sustainability and institutional impacts of interventions and partnerships. We emphasize local participation, organizational skill development, and the usefulness of the evaluation to inform decision-making. Using quantitative and qualitative methods, we measure the impact of development programs to determine their true effects. We also conduct large-scale surveys to assess development indicators or to inform program and evaluation design. Our approach goes beyond organizational systems to issues that may have as much or more impact on the legitimacy and strength of organizations, such as leadership, integrity, relationships with their constituencies, and resilience in the face of political pressure or funding fluctuations.
We work with the private sector, large international NGOs through to national NGOs, smaller community-based organizations and individuals working for social change – whether this involves short-term service delivery projects or complex global development portfolios, direct delivery, or implementation with and through partners. We work with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals in conducting Formative and Summative Research in Social Research, Market Research; Market Assessments, Value Chain Analysis, Household Economy Analyses, Political Economy Analyses among others with an aim to provide innovative and practical solutions primarily for low- and middle-income countries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Consultant(s) will contribute to analysis and impact reporting of program activities. Assignments will range in duration from less than one (1) week to up to one (1) year, however consultant contracts may include multiple similar assignments within a single scope of work. Consultants will work remotely; no travel will be required or offered.
Selected candidates may:
- Review and analyze data and other program activity materials;
- Draft impact reports summarizing and highlighting results and/or lessons learned from activity surveys and other materials;
- Develop communications plans and/or communications pieces highlighting results of impact reports;
- Adapt final products to address needs of program;
- Perform related tasks as requested.
Skills and Experience:
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills preferred.
- Proficiency with data analysis and visualization platforms such as Excel and Power BI
- Experience developing visualizations of quantitative aggregated data with clear concise
explanations of findings and recommendations for improvements to programs or processes.
- Experience developing various written products for donor audiences to include evaluation reports, and online products to present results to broad audiences’
- Strong, self-directed project management with attention to detail.
- Creativity, flexibility and adaptability
- Experience communicating impacts of international projects preferred
- Excellent English-language writing skills are required
- Fluent in French or Portuguese is a plus
Please submit a resume, cover letter that includes a daily rate (USD), and an example written product to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all positions are filled or until further notice.